Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Feeling of Sunday Mornings

When I worship Him I am flying.

It is a geyser rushing beneath me, sending me at a brilliant speed towards the heavens,
Rushing with all wonder of You and Your glory and Your joys.
I see all your creations from these great heights, how wondrous they are;
Yet compared to You they are nothing.

I am lifted higher,
Floating amongst the stars and glowing lights.
I am still yearning for You with an insatiable thirst, forevermore.

Simultaneously I am tossed downward,
I fall low at Your feet as I realize how small I really am,
As I realize I cannot give, cannot do, cannot be without You.
I am Your child, Your baby girl, cradled in Your arms.

I sing, I cry, I let my soul dance as my mind tries to understand a love I will never truly comprehend.


No comments:

Post a Comment