Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Blessings, just as they are

It's a daunting quest in this life, to find beauty in the ugly, life in the mundane, wonder in the endless routine-ing we subject ourselves to.

It is a tiring hunt, a courageous endeavor to commit to.

Even now, sitting amongst the shuffle of this cafeteria with lively young scholars bouncing to and fro, chattering and herding and laughing and stumbling and clutching books and its tiring just to watch them.

I become a drone.
Not feeling. Not hearing.
Closed shut both in the shipping and receiving of Your grace.

A lifeless shell just like all the rest of it.

Aren't there still reasons to smile today?

Perhaps, I realize again in the after-the-fact moments, perhaps the opposition to this grace is just the beginning of blessings. My drawing near, my resurfaced need for You unrestrained. 

They are no blessings in disguise. Just blessings, plain and simple, as they are. 

I had to wake up before daybreak this morning, but I arose heart pumping and breathing, my daily miracle.

I mustered annoyed strength to chip the ice off my windshield this morning while I was rushing frazzled, but I posses muscle strength within my body to do this and so much more.

I am forced to drive slow to school for the ice lingers, but I am privileged with the chance to glide unhurried and savor the white glow of the Winter Wonderland You have crafted before me.

All these things are gold on my treasure hunt. 

All these things are You in every aspect.

Grace not withheld.

No comments:

Post a Comment