Friday, January 11, 2013

Nice to Meet You

Hello God.

It's nice to meet You again.

Sometimes it seems like I meet You brand new with every rising of the sun in Your sky, with each forward progressing motion of my feet after descending, born again from my bedsheets, onto the floor You blessed me with. 

Will I ever know all of You?

Sometimes You reside over my world as a mighty mountain, distant but so strong.   

Sometimes you hold me more softly and tenderly than any human lover could do as I collapse and heave with tears. 

At times I quiver like a child hiding beneath my bed at my own sins, knowing how greatly I have displeased my Father, waiting for Your disciplinary steps to sound the battle-drums, knowing that what I deserve is coming.

Then You are a smiling Savior reaching out in a stretch of light to tell me the story of a new beginning.

You laugh with abundant joys along with me as I sing thanksgiving, a jolly, cheerful Lord.

But I also know You as solemn and quiet, Your dripping tears reveal the heart of yearning and sympathy.

You are my teacher, generous in your lessons, gifts from the Gift-Giver. 

You are my best friend, walking beside me as I whisper secrets into an ear that is never overwhelmed, and I feel secure that each word falls understood.

Father

Lover

Friend

Justice Keeper

Savior

Counselor 

Mighty King

Servant

Teacher

Giver

I will walk these days to know You, and sleep the nights in questioning, searching for the true and wonderful You.

Love,
Your Daughter
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment