Saturday, April 6, 2013

Constant

"I rely on Your constant love;
I will be glad because You will rescue me."
-Psalm 13:5 (GNT)
It seems like so much to ask
but in this safe and quiet morning moment it becomes my lifeline:

To trust in some unseen thing. To rejoice in the future that may happen, with all confidence as if I stand now as an eyewitness to it, though my doubtful heart screams that I am not.
As if it has already happened.




Oh but it has! The Words remind sweetly singing in a melody that my heart was not at first ready to sing a harmony with, hardened. 
Then the Words continue. Words underlined in pen and ink and pencil, from yesterday, from years ago, from last week. Did I underline that repetitive reminder found in Deuteronomy for naught? 
God has done such grace-filled saving. Again He saves today, Mighty Father reaching down with outstretched love, outstretched gentle reminding to the most stubborn of His daughters.




Remember how it was in September, whispers soft, I feel them.
Remember the nursing back to health. Remember the simply ungraspable yet fully owned miracle of the cross. 

He already saved.
He still does.
And He is already on His throne at the end of this race I run, where life comes together in all its imperfection laced moments and stress upon layer of stress unfolding and meshing to reveal a masterful plan that has always been beautiful in every way.

It is sure.
Not sure like life.
Not sure like that failed friendship where best friends no matter proved untrue.
Not sure like that relationship that promised together forever crumbled before hopeful eyes.
Not sure like that Air Force career dream that young girl's feet stood so sure on, then fell through like quick sand.

Sure is Christ, no matter what life has said about "sure." It is real now. In Him it is life. In Him, constant and sure are found, discovered, kept and treasured.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment