Thursday, May 9, 2013

Chock-Full of Grace

"Reveal your wonderful love and save us;
at your side we are safe from our enemies."
-Psalm 17:7 (GNT)

His saving grace need not be found.
Blessed, that He is never too far!
Blessed, that it's scattered everywhere, a life on earth chock-full of grace abundant.

Easy for me to say today when the sun is blocked out only by the flowers blossoming on trees in the yard, and the semester draws to an end and the taste of summer is just so sweet on the tip of the tongue, and the Lord's Word rests beside me on my couch and a mug of coffee decadent rests on table.
      
But it's in the hardest times we like to play hide and seek with He who is constant.

Believing some days that He heads for the hills upon my crossing the threshold of a Comparative Religion classroom where my Christian beliefs will be under fire, after another believer has criticized my honest prayers, when deadlines pile and exhaustion stabs at the body's energy and collapsing seems perfect.

No, the soul begs, just come home and find Him.

 

He is found in the thunderous praises echoing from a longing heart.
Found in the many thanks written in a prayer journal.
Found in His Word played over and over and over in a mind craving a lullaby of truth to soothe the storming soul.
Found when I close my eyes for a moment to just be still and simply know Him.
Or by some miracle His loving encouragement sparks on my tongue and it is spoken to the stranger-girl met during a break in classes, struggling with her English paper and being a single mother.

You never hide, but I seek You still.
Huntress of grace
absurdly, faithfully, blissfully, elatedly  chasing the thing that never leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment