Friday, May 3, 2013

Life Prayer

Prayer:
a thing I've underestimated often,
a thing I've done out of obligation,
a thing I've taken for granted
 a thing that has literally given me life in this year, saved me.

Yet I've heard it said "What good will that do?" And I once said this to myself.
Yeah, yeah, pray. Whatever. Last resort, the tool taken out when I'm desperately desperate.

But this prayer life, it is life in all its fullness, in Him.
Prayer is the Good News spoken, the barrier separated by the Son's brutal death so that I could be called a friend of the God who made this spectacular miracle of a planet.

Improve my prayer life? No, improving my life's prayer.

Prayer revealing
Prayer rejoicing
Prayer constant
Prayer tearful
Prayer gushing
Prayer smiling
Prayer thirsting
Prayer desperate
Prayer loving
Prayer worshiping

But uttering heartfelt words to an empty room? Yes, that is faith spoken.
 Living a prayer is living by faith.


"For we fix our attention not on things that are seen but on things that are unseen. What can be seen lasts only for a time, but what cannot be seen lasts forever."
-2 Corinthians 4:18 
 









Let this life be a prayer, a longing to see You, a love song to You, a light-filled offering, a friendship seized, a dance because You are love, a trust exhaled to inhale more than I deserve. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment