Friday, May 24, 2013

On really living this life we've been given

Late in the night wrapped in my brightly splashed comforter, laptop glow lighting my face pale blue, teary eyes were glued to a video posted by several Facebook friends.

Why I felt so compelled to watch at that odd hour of night, though body was weary, I will not know.

What I do know is it etched a mark on my heart.
 A mark uncomfortably enlightening,
a mark sending thoughts inspirational erupting each minute of my day,
a mark slightly stinging as salty tears permeate the flesh, the realization that a soul so happy, so over-filled with life, smiling so sweetly is not on this earth any longer,
a mark stinging more when the video stops and I am still here and appreciating my gifted life far less than the one who had it and savored it and moved on from it at such a young age,
a mark deepened further as the Word reached in and cracked open the sweet wound.

"For in our union with Christ He has blessed us by giving us every spiritual blessing in the heavenly world..."
-Ephesians 1:3b (GNT)

Words reminding me that in Christ, in this dying every day to the old self, I have everything!

Everything! 
 
I close the eyes to imagine how I'd live if I had everything, and open them to wonder what is stopping me from living that way.
How many praises do I pass up in pessimism?
How many exuberant hallelujah's have I neglected in craving more, more, more?

Every spiritual blessing. Every one. It's all around. In the breathing, in the serving, in the living and loving, in the smiling and laughing, in the graces and the prayers, in being known and the jubilant hunt to know a loving Savior! 

As Zach said, "It's really simple actually, it's just trying to make other people happy."

Living like we're dying? How about living like we've already died to the drudgery of meaningless life? How about fearlessly loving and recklessly serving and unashamedly joyously tasting running dancing experiencing this life?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment