Monday, July 8, 2013

In the Shadow

Smiling in the serendipitous moment like a silly young girl, I wonder at the treasure I've spied lying across my summer struck backyard.

The sun captures the sparkle of the dew sprinkled across the lush green this morning, and contrasted in the cool shadow cast by a tree is nearly the shape of that beautiful cross.

Sure, it may be a stretch, but it is received and lapped up by a soul who yearns for Christ's messages. This message is more than a coincidence to smile over and in a blink forget. Sacred metaphors for what I behold begin to dance across a sometimes overly-analytical mind.

How narrow the area of the cross is, yet how refreshing is its refuge.

And I admire the dew diamonds, how they'll melt under the very sun that ignites their sparkling beauty now.

Aren't days like that sometimes?

Doesn't the day, in all it's heated pressures and drying of the soul and relentless trying winds melt life's magic sometimes?



Then there's that cross,
where the sun doesn't burn
and the refreshing fruits of the spirit still quench the thirsting soul,
and the narrow becomes rewarding.

And then I gaze up at the tree God grew, His blessing casting this whirlwind of thought, bouncing marvelous reminders of grace to and fro across my spirit.

I smile, armed and ready to face the day, knowing my shine will not diminish under the heat, so long as I dwell under that cross. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment