Sunday, July 14, 2013

Stillness

The simple metaphors I glean from nature are trinkets precious in the treasure of what God reveals in a day. I melt into this day of rest on my picturesque wooden screened in porch, lit by green glowing and sunlight jovial. As an unknowable melody of cicada buzz tickles my ears, I admire the dewdrop diamonds scattered in magical display across the leaves nearby.

Then the intricate spider web woven in strands of glittering silver, found at the corner of my porch and then the one strand of white sparkle extending from the safe bed of soundly spun web to touch the lively foliage.
I marvel at these loveliest creations, and at the concept of God's gracious glory reaching out like that web. The effort that stretch was, unnecessary yet utterly beautiful to behold in the light of His presence. The stretch to deliver undeserved love to all the human race.


I don't have a bottom line today.
No,
 no moral to this simple story, no lesson learned, no life application, no challenge. 

But humility is my refreshment as I just still myself to this love stretched out, not being able to grasp fully it by some deep thought, some journaling, some pensive gazing at my backyard.

No, I just close the eyes, let the small smile spread, realizing the unfolding blossoms of grace as I think of God's unnecessary stretch this morning, bestowing glittering gifts countless that change my life in moments unending.







No comments:

Post a Comment