Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My "I Wanna" List

Sometimes I'm amazed at all the opportunities for inspiration I had while in the hospital. God surely blesses us by knocking us to the ground sometimes, but He brings us back up stronger than ever!!

While reviewing my prayer journal/poetry book this morning, I came across a list that I wrote in my last few days in the hospital. This list was a sign of victory; a sign that I wanted to recover because I began to believe God had something more for me.

It is not called a bucket list because my focus that day was on life and not death. These were things I was going to live to do. These were hopes for a future, a desire for health.

Instead, I named it the "I Wanna List."

I Wanna List 09/30/12

I wanna teach others and inspire them.

I wanna love unconditionally.

I wanna live for Jesus always.

I wanna put scriptures on my bedroom walls.

I wanna write a book.

I wanna travel to Europe. 

I wanna run the original marathon  route in Greece.

I wanna take a pilgrimage to the holy land.

I wanna ride in a hot air balloon.


I wanna eat a pancake breakfast and enjoy it again.

I wanna adopt a child.

I wanna learn to play the violin.

I wanna learn karate.

I wanna go fishing on our boat with Dad.

I wanna eat ice cream and like it again.

I wanna have a beautiful wedding someday.

I wanna be a family girl.

I wanna watch the ball drop in Time Square on New Year's Eve.

I wanna go to those in need.

I wanna vacation in Canada.

I wanna roadtrip from coast to coast.

I wanna go to Salem on Halloween.

I wanna stay at an Amish bed and breakfast.

I wanna volunteer.


I wanna create/find/seek/be beauty.

I wanna read the classics.

I wanna have peace.

I wanna live on a farm.

I wanna study abroad.

I wanna bake with Grandma.

I wanna get a tattoo.

I wanna see a show on Broadway.

Sure, some of them seem out of reach and ridiculous, and some of them will be ongoing for the rest of my life. But to me they represent a renewed love of life.

So, if you are ever having a bad day, make an "I Wanna List." You don't have to have a near death experience or be in the hospital. You don't even have to have ever doubted your future. It is simply a celebration of God's capacity for possibilities and adventure in your life!

2 comments:

  1. I will go see a Broadway show with you sometime if I ever make it out to Boston or you happen to be in Chicago sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes! I would love nothing more <3

    ReplyDelete