Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My Safe and Sacred Place

I crawl into our quiet time like a child into her pillow fort.

A nook,

A hideaway,

swaddled in You as I face the storm that batters at my window pane.

Then, light.

Cool, gray misty light pours down upon me like your grace,
flowing like rain,
as Your delicious silence is lapped up by my ears.

I am uncovered,

You pry open my heart in saving intensity and see all the ugly;
All the stains and scars I've caused myself.

Then, You gently wash with the waters of your Word,
cleaning me out so I may attain a level of blissful intimacy and purest comfort in knowing

that you withhold nothing and there is nothing I can hide from You here

Where the air is scented with holy,

Where the climate is peace,

Where the noise is the melody of soothing solitude,

and all I can see is You.




No comments:

Post a Comment