Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Thank-You Note to My Protector


"But You, O Lord, are a shield around me;
                    My glory, and the one who lifts my head."
                                                    -Psalm 3:3 (GNT)

As I sit engulfed by your sudden sunlight, thrown at me through the window like your revelation shines in my once darkened mind, I realize how You work in all Your might to protect me.

How You busily fight off all that threatens my heart and soul and body; they swarm at me like unseen wasps, darting more swiftly than hot bullets, yet they evaporate before they reach me. 

Yet it is not like some magic trick where they disappear into thin air with the greatest of ease ladies and gentlemen! 

                                      You take the shots fired at me!

Letting all the pain of the steaming metal drill into your flesh, leading you to bleed, injuring your blessed body, injuring your beautiful vitality.

You continuously take the pain for me, unbeknownst to my naivety as I bound through a world searching for ways to trip me with misfortune.

                                     Yet you do even more than spare me.

You lift me higher, a springboard of all the things that would propel me; all the things I cannot possess myself:

Your noble confidence

The strength of a Warrior

The glow of Your royalty

The dignity of a Hero

The joy of a Child

                                               and the saving knowledge that it does not all end here!

No comments:

Post a Comment