Saturday, April 20, 2013

More Faith

Morning after morning for the week I sat, curls on the head all standing in disarray like some mad scientist, pouring over the same question: what is faith in a time like this?

How my definition has been morphed and twisted;
 how little faith, a Savior whispers to me in my boat amidst the storm.

The storm which set pressure cookers into explosions, took a boy from his mama, rewarded a public servant with a lethal bullet, leveled a Texas town, quaked the earth in China, and proclaimed the won battle after battle by evil.









What little faith I have!

Pouring over the place I had memorized, the verse a heart has known by heart since before I had accepted Christ: Hebrews 11:1. Simple enough. Faith is believing in things I do not see. Okay, God is up there. Done. Check.

Then why this thirst. Why does it seem weak in the darkness looming where men were loose on the streets of my favorite city with grenades and death tools galore?

 I want to have this unshakeable un-moveable rock-solid never-doubting life-giving world-changing faith that the love of my life offers to me. I thirst, heart dry.

I thirst, I cannot name it. I tell myself, friends I love, family-- I tell them all to have this faith, but does it dwell in this heart? Where does it spring from? What does it mean?

I find it. I find the tidal wave in that book I read often. That book which is Faith. That book which is life constructed in words sweet.





Faith is salvation, salvation is faith.

Faith is the approval, the smile of a Father that I cannot feel but oh I feel it warm in the soul.

Faith is understanding what this place we were tossed from the womb to survive in, that it is perfect in it's construction of words and promises, held up by life-giving words, sturdy.

Faith is what conquers, conquered, and will conquer death forever.

Faith is hiding int he wraps of God's love, my safe sacred holy place.

Faith is knowing in the heart that God is who He is and that His blessings are without exception for all who love Him.

Faith is the super-hero saving the world, the blind obedience of one whose eyes are opened and really see.

Faith is following without fear, putting all expectations we once owned, good or bad, to death so that God's great glory can bloom full.

Faith is waiting.

Faith gave birth to millions, laughed in the face of limits to produce limitless abundant.

Faith is death to this world, no turning back, blissfully alien, living as one not of this world.

Faith is embracing your title as explorer, searcher, with a longing gaze hunting for Christ in all things.

Faith is closing the eyes to the old familiar lie, to openly and boldly choose God and promise.

Faith is claiming a city prepared, a love and acceptance realized.

Faith is passing every test, ready to lay down all, give all, and become nothing and everything.

Faith is assuming the impossible.

Faith is a future footing on the victorious zenith of the Lord's promises hardened through trial and truth.

Faith is worship beyond the human body's limits.

Faith is a fearless love against the demands of the world to hate and be bitter.

Faith makes a refusal to the body we bore into sin and claiming a perfect body in Christ.

Faith is joyous suffering.

Faith is inviting pain for just a taste of saving grace while the worldly treasures glitter bright before you.

Faith is seeing the invisible God and knowing no fear.

Faith is exemption from death. 

Faith is living it. Faith is finding out each moment for oneself what it is through a passionate pursuit in love with Christ. And it is not defined on this earth, in this lifetime.





No comments:

Post a Comment