Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Join me in "The Jesus Project" this year!

So, this year, after being inspired by one of my favorite blogs (Ann Voskamp is wonderful, check out her writing at aholyexperience.com), I am making a quasi-resolution to memorize 72 verses from the Book of John.

Why?
Why attempt the one thing (memorization) I've realized I'm pretty bad at?

Because the Word is God breathed and I'm longing for that breath to dwell in my heart verse by verse this year.
To inhale Life and be prepared to exhale it in all its fullness.
To meditate on Truth, marinate in life-giving Word to make the most of moments this year.
I'm longing for the heart to know, to soak up slow, to digest meticulously the Words of Jesus, because a sister in Christ once said, "what the heart knows, it knows by heart."

And so, each week, there will be a verse. 

A morsel of life that will more than satisfy, yet will inspire a thirst for more of Him that is never satisfied, only multiplied in joyous longing to know a Savior more.

And, at the culmination of each week, I hope to write about what I've been meditating on with this verse in my heart.

And in an attempt to make this blog more of a community, (that is, if anyone actually reads this blog in the first place (; ) I'm inviting you to join me in this thing that I'm horrible at, to join me in engaging with the Word, letting it change you, letting it dwell in you.

Just because Advent is over doesn't mean we are done carrying Jesus, letting Him grow and develop, swelling our hearts and molding all that we are.

Let His word do that for you.

If you blog, I invite you also to write you meditations on these verses down at the end of every week. I invite you to share what the Lord is showing you through a single verse of Scripture.
Also, at the  Holy Experience blog, Ann Voskamp has included these lovely printables and even a list of dates and verses to get you started.

So, friend, will you join me?

This week's verse (printable courtesy of aholyexperience.com):

image



No comments:

Post a Comment