Thursday, February 6, 2014

Enough with Enough- Part 1

Legalism.

One word encompassing the chains around my heart, chains of lies linked by fortified "not-enough's."

I don't care enough.
I don't love enough.
I don't suffer enough for the Kingdom's cause.
I don't live for Him radically enough.
I don't do enough ministry.
I don't donate enough money.

I don't know about you, but I've had enough of the word, "enough."

That enough,
it robs me of the very joy of my salvation,
that salvation where the "not enough" is replaced by "My grace is enough,"

and I hate that darkness without joy in Him, because that joy, it's everything.

And where do you find the strength when knees are weak and you're fighting, fighting to cling to this legalism that has tricked you into thinking you can earn that "grace enough" by beating the soul tired with the "not enoughs?"

Nothing.
You let the knees bend and break.
And you get back to the enough that will produce grace upon grace that becomes more than enough.

Like Paul said in these sweet words:


"When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, 
 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.
I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.
Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him
Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.
And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.
May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. 
Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."
Ephesians 3:14-20 (NLT, emphasis added)

It all just comes back to loving Him, by His power.
I cannot make myself fall in love with Him.
I cannot convict myself to figure out some new way to surrender to Him.
I cannot produce a great big divine calling.
I cannot produce my own joy in salvation.

But my strength will come from His power, His understanding of His miraculous crazy over-my-head unsearchable endless unconditional love.

Dwelling there, loving Him, it's really the enough that's worth it, the only one that counts or lasts.

Dwelling there, loving Him with all I've got, 
not letting the vital truth found in His love get lost in my aimless shuffle running from one qualification to another that proves that I love a Savior for all to see,
nor do I lose it in the frustrating focus on the big plans for the future that I just can't get a handle of, swelled up by pride, driven by fear of not being enough for God when I graduate college,

no, I'll be small with Him right here,
let God be big,
let God do the convicting,
let God do the working,
let God do the loving,
and let God be glorious!

What a great place to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment