Thursday, December 13, 2012

Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace.

How sweet the feeling.

Knowing that I am held and kept by love in the form of a being

That I am chosen to be a vessel of light, like the glow of a midnight vigil candle flickering  by the miracle of the moment. 

That my breathing my carry words more beautiful than my human heart could conjure, that I may indulge in the whipped cream that floats atop the warm, melty hot cocoa of a life in God's presence.

That my thoughts might bubble up toward the heavens in praise, 

a joy so explosive it's sparkling fragments overflow from my own soul's capacity, in such a way I cannot keep it to myself.

That God's life is visible and felt in such a stunning variety of thoughts and colors, interactions and soft touches, gentle and moving, sounds and silent sensations, 

and all I must do is dance through this earth, the playground He created for His children, searching for Him everywhere, 
playfully discovering His wordless love letters one by one from the simplest hints to the most undenyable giants.

How lovely, how invigurating and alive, is the feeling of being chosen by God. 

"Remember that the Lord has chosen the righteous for His own,
                               and He hears me when I call to Him."
                                                                            -Psalm 4:3


No comments:

Post a Comment